Sunday, March 13, 2011


I am finally in my own room and have internet access. What a day.

I wasn't overly tired on the plane, so I didn't sleep much. We got to the airport @ 6:15am, and because my co-worker had elite access, we got to hang out at the lounge, had breakfast showered, and brushed my teeth. Sat around until 8am before heading to the hotel. We took the tube to Earl's Court station.

Lugging two, er... luggages is fine when the ground is flat, but having to pull them up stairs, especially when one of the case is 60+ lbs, was quite difficult. Even dragging that heavy one behind me was starting to tire out my girly arms.

We eventually make our way up to the top, having screwed up some and had to go up and down with those two suitcases. What a pain.

Upon exiting, we are lost.

After consulting with google maps via his blackberry torch, we realize we had exited the wrong, er... exit. We make a detour down some streets, that suitcase is getting heavier by the minute.

At the end of the street where we hit a 4 way junction, my colleague whips out his Torch, and after 1 minute of looking around, declares, "Whoops, we're at the wrong exit, the original exit was correct."

So back up the street we go. Now, let me say that I'm not a wimp, but this 60+ lb luggage is our display booth, so the case itself is quite heavy because it has to be sturdy, and withstand the rigours of er... rigourous travel.

Finally reaching where we originally stood, we re-orient ourselves and finally find the correct street to head down. Lack of sleep, weak from an on-coming cold that I can't shake for 3 days - and well, I begin to despair.

After what seemed like another 10 hours (okay, it was maybe 3 minutes), we finally find the hotel. Huzzah!

Checking in, of course there were no rooms. Except there was. He grabbed the room, we throw all our stuff in the room. Pee (me), poo (him), and we head out for some food.

First pub had fish and chips, but being a pub, it wasn't going to be as proper as a chippie shop. We walk some more, ignoring the big chains like McDogs and Kentucky Fried Children.

When we hit our third pub, we decided to turn in. A charming little place. No pictures, sorry, I was by now very tired and didn't think to use my camera to take any pictures.

In the center of one of the world's most expensive cities, we happen upon a full English Breakfast plate for a Fiver - brilliant to say the least. Ordered it with a tea. Tasted amazing. The bacon was too salty, so I only had a bit, but beans and toast in the morning is one thing I need to do more often.

We head back, both properly full and exhausted. Being his room, he flops on the bed and within seconds, is snoring away like a chainsaw on granite. I take a seat in the only chair in the room, prop my feet on the corner of the bed, and next thing I know, I'm chin to chest.

They had promised my room to be ready by 12pm - having asked at 11:30am that it would take 1/2 hour to prep. I call at 12, and the guest was still in the room.

I call at 1, and they said it wouldn't be ready by 2.

I am finally in my room now, pooped, by still wired. Of course, the stereotypical London weather, hazy, rain doesn't help the soul one bit. I'm eager to explore what little of the city I'll be able to see, but quite frankly, the bed seems super inviting.

I have to be up at 6am tomorrow morning.


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home