Thursday, August 18, 2011

ghetto fab

My Logitech MX620 mouse has been giving me problems. For some reason, the hyper scroll feature no longer works.

In fact, it's so bad now that I have to scroll multiple times to advance by a couple of lines. This has nothing to do with drivers.

Apparently, I have the dreaded loose rubber band problem, here, here, and well, here.

So I decided to fix it myself.

Step 1: I removed the rubber band, didn't bother to take a picture.

Step 2: Found an elastic band close to the width of the old rubber band, then cut it to match the circumference.


Step 3:Took out a Sharpie marker


Step 4: And coloured it in. Voila.


Forgot to mention. Somewhere in there, I super-glued my finger to the rubber band.